This combination unit can drive up to 10 lights at a time. The controller will handle on/off and the sunrise and sunset effects. It comes programmed with 11, 12, 13, and 14 hour light cycles. You can also install the editing software on your PC to create, edit or modify the existing programs yourself. It's very easy to learn.
• The driver is made by the industry leader, Mean Well. The LRS-350-12 model is strong and reliable. It's not water proof. 12 Volt DC output. Standard 3 prong AC input from a wall socket. It can power one or two controllers.
• The controller is a Chinese model with 5 output channels. Input is 12v DC, max 20amp.
There are currently three light program profiles to choose from: "Standard", "X" and "XX", all feature sunrise and sunset effects with a taper up and down from midday peak intensities. The difference between them is how long they stay at 100% intensity.
• Standard: Peak intensity of 100% lasting for 2 hours at midday. Best for vivariums that are already grown in, or if you prefer to have less light for the sake of the animals. Plants grow very well under these balanced conditions. Intended to most closely mimic a real solar cycle.
• X: Peak intensity of 100% lasting for 4 hours at midday, with more light on either side of that peak. Excellent for new vivariums.
• XX: Peak intensity of 100% lasting for 6 hours at midday. Best for maximum plant growth and species that require higher light.
Dimensions: The driver and controller are attached to a board thats 11"x9" and suitable for mounting on a wall. Depth - about 2 inches.
More detailed information can be found here.